NEWLAND HOMES OWN THE FORMER FACTORY SITE:
DEVELOPER PRESENTATION AT CLAVERHAM VILLAGE HALL ON 7TH FEBRUARY BETWEEN 4 & 8PM
READ HERE ABOUT HOW YOUR PLAN MODERATES THIS DEVELOPMENT
CLAVERHAM FUTURE SUGGESTS THAT YOU DO ATTEND AND RECORD YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS WEBSITE ON THIS POST.
When you are considering the upcoming development proposals, or responding to consultation, note the following matters. Of course there are other details but the essentials are:
TECHNICAL BITS IF YOU WISH TO KNOW (SEE BELOW FOR EFFECT)
- The Neighbourhood Plan’s relevant policies for the supply of housing are active and are NOT ‘out of date’.
- The Neighbourhood Plan complies with the requirements of Neighbourhood Planning:Written statement HCWS346 by the Minister of State for Housing & Planning
- The Neighbourhood Plan is now fixed and cannot be altered as it embodies all of the requirements of its Examination process, has been subject to a successful referendum and is to be “Made” at NSC on 20th February
- The Neighbourhood Plan in Policy D3 provides for development of the prior built-on factory site PS1. The Neighbourhood Plan specifically excludes other areas from the proposed development site PS1 (See wording below on map from our plan)
- Heritage Assets are protected (the are the remains of Court de Wyck Manor and a Chapel)
- The trees that can be seen on the site are, for the main part, protected by TPOs, see TPO 1066 and TPO 314 locations mapped at NSC
- The whole Site is part of Bat SAC Consultation Zone A under North Somerset and Mendip Bats Special Area of Conservation (SAC) Guidance on Development: Supplementary Planning Document
- The Village Hall, its parking and access are to be preserved.
- There may not be an affordable housing element in the scheme due to operation of the Vacant Building Credit
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL), such as is payable, will deliver 25% of that sum to Yatton Parish Council
I WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN (more detail in the Neighbourhood Plan and Council documents)
- Development will adhere to the Neighbourhood Plan designation and allocation
- The Council will confirm suitable housing development of the PS1 (factory) part of the site and deny permission for development of other areas.
- The Heritage Assets will be preserved.
- The TPO trees will be looked after and preserved.
- Bat conservation will be a part of reporting and design.
- The Village Hall will be able to function as now and continue to be bordered by the field adjacent Bishops Road.
- The Gateway view (appearance of the site) for all entering the village and from the surrounding fields will be conserved with trees, walls and open space.